Fund Development Manager
FRONT AND CENTERED is seeking a Fund Development Manager to oversee the foundation and donor development work, with the core purpose of building the capacity of communities of color to engage in forwarding equitable solutions to climate change and environmental injustices. Working with the director and in collaboration with a committee and other associated contractors, this role will provide strategic direction for the fund development, including but not limited to coordinating foundation applications, major gift work, coordination of re-grants and ensure all relevant reporting, agreements and acknowledgements are completed in a timely manner. In addition, the manager will work with the director and relevant contractors to identify funding opportunities for programs and effectively communicate the mission, work and role of Front and Centered to donors, prospective donors and program officers.
Organization Overview & Background
Front and Centered is a statewide, communities of color coalition working to achieve environmental justice by asserting policy solutions that center equity and racial justice. Our members are the leadership of communities first and worst hit by environmental and climate impacts: communities of color and indigenous communities. Together, we are working to build the power and capacity of a statewide movement for racial, economic, and environmental justice. We do this by growing our members’ leadership and power to change laws, reverse destruction of the environment and our communities, rebalance the economy and political power, and build up healthy communities.
We envision a future where our communities and the earth are healed and thriving, our people have dignified work and the building blocks of opportunity and prosperity, and our government values, respects, and represents us. We are working for sovereignty, resilience, and self-sufficiency for our communities so that future generations can thrive. We strive to make racial inequities on all issues a thing of the past, and to ensure that people of color and indigenous people are at the forefront of building equitable, democratic systems and policies that work for their communities.
We believe that fundamental changes are required to achieve environmental justice and healthy, thriving, equitable futures for communities of color and indigenous communities in Washington State. We believe that sustainable, meaningful solutions to environmental and climate issues threatening everyone in Washington State cannot be created without maximizing the wisdom of indigenous communities and communities of color. We believe that our future depends on solutions created by communities who have been historically marginalized and most impacted by environmental and climate hazards.
Front and Centered seeks an experienced Fund Development Manager to complete the following scope of work.
Scope of Work
FRONT AND CENTERED is seeking a Development Manager with a proven track record for creative excellence in executing fundraising plans and developing organizations’ fundraising capacity.
The manager’s responsibilities will include both immediate task-oriented work along with big-picture thinking/planning:
- Manage the development plan to meet fundraising goals of Front and Centered; ensuring revenue objectives are met and programs have the funds necessary to meet the mission of the project.
- Work with the Director to carry out the plan, including identification of prospective donors, cultivation of donors and foundations, ensuring submission are made on time, reports are submitted and questions are answered.
- Create a communications plan to ensure the engagement, awareness and deepened investment in Front and Centered by donors and prospective donors, this can include routine emails, quarterly e-newsletter and annual reports.
- Engage Front and Centered staff as needed in gathering the required information for fund development, and be aware of the work and needs of the program such identify and ensure funds are raised.
- Keep records of donations, information on donors interests and relevant correspondence and conversations, as well as writing and sending donor recognition letters/emails.
- Organize the routine fund development committee meetings, and work to support their engagement, as well as the engagement of the Steering Committee.
- Organize donor cultivation events and fundraising events as deemed necessary to meet the programmatic funding needs and/or to more deeply engage donors and prospective donors.
- Attend all team meetings, Steering Committee and committee meetings as needed.
- Be a representative of Front and Centered at meetings, events and donor gatherings.
- 2-3 years of experience in non-profit or campaign fund development
- BA degree or relevant experience such as distilling complex concepts into concise and well-communicated mediums, making presentations to educate, engage and persuade into action.
- Strong written and oral capabilities, and strong attention to detail.
- Strong initiative, ability to work independently and take ownership of work.
- Ability to work in dynamic work environments with diverse people.
- Knowledge of environmental justice and related topic
- Experience working with and knowledge of the local foundation landscape, as well as major donors.
Competitive pay based on experience. This position is an independent contractor and reports to the Director.Terms to be discussed with the applicant. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage people of color, women, and LGBTQ individuals to apply.
Email a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com, put “Fund Development Manager” and “name” as the subject line of the email. This position is open until filled.